Saturday, February 9, 2008

In Wine, Truth





It is Saturday and I've got stuff to do. The weather is improving and it seems warm with temperatures in the high 60's. That's not exactly hot but it has been colder for so long it seems like spring can't be far away. There are a lot of motorcycles on the road and why not? It's a beautiful day. By afternoon I'm done with all my chores so I decide to take a little ride. I think a short jaunt through the Sonoma Valley will fit the day.



As I cruise down Hwy 12 toward the town of Sonoma, I see vinyard after vinyard. But one particular section of road starts me thinking, I do a lot of thinking while riding, it's one of the things I like best about being on the road. In this vinyard are old vines. These vines have thick, knarled trunks. Right across the highway are young vines, these have stems more than trunks.



I'm sure nobody is missing the point here. I'm thinking that I've seen more vintages that I have yet to see. So what's a person to do? Live every minute to the fullest. Enjoy every second. No, this just isn't the way life works. Someone who laughs a little too hard just sounds like an idiot (can you hear me Hilary). Someone who sucks in too much experience is just a glutton. Enjoy every second it just dosen't work like that.



Well what is the secret to happiness, you ask? Just get a motorcycle and ride through the Sonoma Valley on a warm late winter day and you'll be heading in the right direction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool pics! Looks like a pleasant ride!
(We grow grapes in our back yard)