Friday, July 2, 2010

Baby Needs New Boots








While doing some maintenance I found a rear shock absorber boot had torn. The bike has just over 60,000 miles and things are starting to wear out, so I check things often. Naturally, the local HD Dealership told me to buy new shocks because they don't sell the boots separately from the shock.


A few days later I stopped in at Xtreme Custom Iron, in Rohnert Park, California. It was the first time I had been in the shop but the owner Doran Benson treated me like a king.
He showed me around the store and work area. When he said that he had lots of take off parts, I mentioned that I could use a shock absorber
boot, he pulled one off an blown shock and gave it to me.
I put the replacement boot on and found a really nice shop with good people.

No comments: