Friday, August 1, 2008

Everything was Going Great.............. Until the Fire



















I took the first photo from our room just after we checked in. Within minutes there was smoke, lots of smoke. I said, "time to go."
We put on our shoes, grabbed our bags and headed out.

In the hallway there was a strong smell of burning plastic. I've seen a lot of disaster movies so I was starting to get worried. We started for the stairs but we were on the 29th floor, brother, that's a lot of stairs. We used the elevator and took our chances.

Once in the lobby, we found out that the fire was at the building across the street. We watched the action from the parking structure. I was relieved that we had escaped and that no one else was hurt. I felt good that I had done the right thing.







The Right thing is; when the bad stuff happens get outta Dodge.

No comments: