Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mount Veeder Road


















.....The weather has improved since I rode Cavedale Rd., surprise, surprise, the killer storm did not happen and the drought has not yet evaporated all the lakes and streams in Northern California. I promised that I would get to Napa and ride the Mt. Veeder Rd.
.....Marie and I started by heading to the town of Sonoma for breakfast. Then we went over Trinity Rd. toward the City of Napa. The photo is at the turn off for the Mt. Veeder Rd.. I found the road smoother and wider than Cavedale Rd., and a very beautiful ride. The road does not follow the ridge as much but follows a clear stream.







The road drops into Napa where we caught the Silverado Trail and rode through the Napa Valley Wine Country to the town of Calistoga. After lunch in Calistoga, we went back toward Napa and at Saint Helena turn west on Spring Mountain Hwy.
.....The round trip was about 125 miles, it was a beautiful day and great ride.

No comments: