Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Honda 305 Scrambler

     I spotted Peter's CL77 in the parking lot just off Virgina St., in Reno.  The Honda CL77 was called the 305 Scrambler.  These bikes were built from 1965 to 1968.  The 305's had a muffler that both pipes went into, everyone I knew took off the muffler. 
     These bikes, and the earlier 250, the CL72 (1962-1965), with their up swept exhausts, really started the dirt bike craze.  I remember that a lot of high school girls had burn marks on their legs from those exhausts pipes.


Nice Bike Peter

4 comments:

gordon said...

This one of the bikes I grew up idolizing....

Ray Watson said...

Me too

Anonymous said...

My 1st real bike (minibikes dont count) at age18. I WAS KING !!
(& yes. Several girls burnt their calves on those beautiful pipes !)

Anonymous said...

I had a 65 with a black frame. Raced it twice in the 500 amateur class in a scrambles race in NY. It was a great beginners bike. Wish I still had it.